Welcome to the Hull Breach forums, Guests can only view the public forums - please login to view the member forums.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where does your nickname come from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Where does your nickname come from? on Sun May 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Wulfstan

Simple, where does your nickname come from.

I'll start:

My nickname comes from a game called Heroes V Might & Magic: Hammers of Fate, the main caracter there is called Wulfstan, so I thought I'll use it, because i like dogs/wolves.

My second nickname i sometimes use in-game is Archan or Archon, Archon comes from Fable The Lost Chapters and is the ancient king who lived many years ago in the Fable TLC Lore, Archan is just a variaty of Archon, replaced the "o" with an "a" ^^

View user profile

2 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Mujina

Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
I've gone through a few player names myself - My first name was S.W.A.T about 6 years ago on counter strike source lol, that changed to autoswat - and then I started playing mmos where I changed to mujina. A Mujina is a Japanese myth and its basically a shape-shifting badger ^^ hence my avatar.

View user profile

3 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Sun May 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Daneska

Officer
Officer
I wrote about my nick in another topic already =))
It comes form my real name DAniel NESKAzhuev. nothing special i know, but i like it =)

Last edited by Daneska on Fri May 28, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 03, 2010 1:32 am

White

Officer
Officer
Cause I like the colour white.

View user profile

5 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Minotaur

lol white, myn orginal was Blood Brother when I first started 1.6 cause I liked the papa roach song Razz, my second was needaim due to the fact that I used to be good at aiming on FPS (not anymore Sad so it was ironic and my new nickname, Minotaur is from a Film called Role Models and one of the characters says a classic line 'I can't believe my eyes a Minotaur..' which is hilarious I recommend watching it

View user profile

6 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

White

Officer
Officer
Haha yeah, i saw that movie and was wondering what it was called. Very Happy
The stuff about the energy drink was kinda lame though.

View user profile

7 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Minotaur

yh twas still good film though ^^

View user profile

8 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Tue May 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Axiom

Officer
Officer
What Axiom means:
1. A self-evident or universally recognized truth.
2. An established rule, principle, or law.
3. A self-evident principle or one that is accepted as true without proof as the basis for argument.

Basically the mathematician in me likes it. It's a universal, underlying law that cannot be breached.

How I came to be using Axiom:
Started playing DAoC when it was released (7/8 years ago now.. wow.. where'd that time go Shocked !) and was recruited into one of the top guilds on server Axiom Knights who took the name for its meaning. Rose through the ranks and eventually became Guild Master when the guild shifted over to Warcraft. Set up Axiom Knights and spent 3 awesome years as one of the top raiding guilds, also having setup the character Axiom as bank alt.

Although Axiom is now a non-played rogue in that game, I wanted to take the name on again.
I guess in some ways it's my little tribute to the hundreds of people that I've shared so many hours of fun gaming with and as a nod towards some pretty impressive gamers especailly those who first started AK back in the day.

View user profile

9 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Tue May 18, 2010 11:51 pm

ostDrauka

ostDrauka is short for Grissa ost Drauka.

Its from a novel series the Sword of Truth,
Theres and ancient prophecy in the book that calls the main player
Fuer Grissa ost Drauka wich means The Bringer of Death.
I love those books so I took the name.

View user profile

10 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 am

Malcolm

Malcolm Reynolds. The main character of Firefly series (only 14 episodes were made Sad, dunno why, it was awesome) and movie Serenity. Captain of his own small cargo spaceship, a freelancer. Mostly good, but sometimes harsh and blunt. He gave me a good laugh. So I thought it'd be fitting for a space-game. Smile

View user profile

11 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Mon May 24, 2010 11:33 am

Mujina

Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander
I love that series, no idea why they didnt make another season - I thought the movie did amazing.

View user profile

12 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Fri May 28, 2010 6:47 pm

floki

first of all: hi everyone! i'm new Smile

my actual nick comes from rl - there are friends who (i dont know why...) call me so. real name is florian ^^

first nick i ever had was "green". used in cs - but not usable in any online games because of 'name already taken' ...

then "grana" which comes from green... somehow Very Happy

later primary wow char was "neff" (nothing to with the boss nef(arian))

and now - a new start with a name that has actualy something to do with me and is not (i hope so) taken too soon Smile

oh and funnick is "weekend feeling". its just great to use this one at monday Very Happy

View user profile

13 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:35 am

Szokhee

Hehe, quite long story here.

In my old town there was a dog who was called after a really old type of Radio in Hungary: Sokol radio (szokol rádió). Old Soviet production so it can happen, that Daneska knows how it looks like. Smile

Some screens: -=HERE=-

So the dog had 1 brown and 1 blue eye. Around 14-15 years ago some of my class mates started to call me Szokol, because my right eye is brown and the left one is blueish-greenish. Soon the word Szokol turned into Szoky. Sadly the name Szoky was used in many games and e-mail addresses, so I had to modify it a bit. So I became Szokhee (I'm using it now for around 11-12 years).

I have another nick which is Daemaia. It has some connections to my first char in WoW (I was and am playing always a warlock as a main char). That's where my avatar came from Smile.

View user profile

14 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Emver

Recruit
Recruit
I really can't remember, It was about 5-6 years ago, Was thinking of a name for my character but I really don't remember how I came up with it.Mad

View user profile http://emver.wordpress.com/

15 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Had a few nicknames in my time. This one came from a rather long and entertaining dream I had.

Steiner is the name everyone featuring in dream was calling me, although I have no idea why they did. I won't bore you with the all details of the dream but one vivid part involved me drinking my weight in absinthe and getting a werewolf pregnant.

Needless to say, the werewolf was married to the local magistrate. Good times.

View user profile

16 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Daneska

Officer
Officer
Szokhee wrote: Old Soviet production so it can happen, that Daneska knows how it looks like. Smile

Ha ha ha yeah, I can ramember that strange box =)))
"-It can play a music!"
"-Really?! =)) you gotta be kidding"

17 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Mokoto

Recruit
Recruit
My name effectively orginates from the Special Features section of the Finding Nemo DVD, (fairly sure thats a unique root) in which it has the international version of the seagulls saying "Mine, mine, mine!" and the Japanese version sound like Mokoto. Mokoto was the root for all my WoW Beta characters names and for my main come day of release. Everyone tends to pronounce it wrongly; the o sounds are short.

View user profile

18 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:37 am

xaenigma

Iv used a few nicknames but the one ive had the longest is Ænigma. I stared playing games that wouldnt accept the Æ so i had to change to Aenigma. This i use in most games but when i came to create a second character in EVE i couldnt think of one so i chose xaenigma, i think the nickname suits the space MMO games so iv used it with this game.

View user profile

19 Re: Where does your nickname come from? on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 am

White

Officer
Officer
Malcolm wrote:Malcolm Reynolds. The main character of Firefly series (only 14 episodes were made Sad, dunno why, it was awesome) and movie Serenity. Captain of his own small cargo spaceship, a freelancer. Mostly good, but sometimes harsh and blunt. He gave me a good laugh. So I thought it'd be fitting for a space-game. Smile

I've just been looking for things with Nathan Fillion that plays Malcom in the series cause hes such a cool guy, there isn't much interesting stuff he did but I have been following the detective series hes in, Castle. Which is only interesting cause hes in it, but meh.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum